I never imagined that I would be decorating a grave for Christmas, but it is my new reality. Last week the kids picked some things out for Immaculee's grave and yesterday we just had to get them out. Kalea wanted to go in her pajamas and so she did! Bennett even took a break from fixing fence to "put all the pretty things on Mack q way's grave"! We listened to Christmas music from the van while we worked away. I am having feelings of deep sadness as we turn the calender to December. I have been down this road with two other pregnancies. Bennett and Bain were both born in January. Bennett was on the 24th and Bain on the 20th. Immaculee's due date was the 21st. It is my favorite month to have a baby as Jeff is home more and we can stay in our warm house rocking and nursing a new baby with nowhere to go. I know exactly what I'd be telling the kids today. "Just think it's already December less than two months before the baby comes. We know how fast Christmas will be here and we just have a few weeks in January." I miss my sweet baby girl, God give me strength to get through this.
Before picture, the kids were amazed how mushy the pumpkin was.
working hard...
Proud of their accomplishment!
No comments:
Post a Comment