Friday, September 7, 2012

much anticipated...

     Greetings from the land of the busy Mama!  I really can't believe that it has been so long since my last post!!  I'll just say Summer was busy and brought a quiet wave of grief that was so often not expressed.  I can't believe we are approaching Immaculee's one year birthday this month.  It's as though I would not even have to look a calender to know that this date is coming.  My body feels it coming on.  A mother knows, she senses these things.  We were made to never forget our children, even if they are heavenly, not earthly.  Immaculee spent 24 weeks within me and my mind, heart and body can never forget that. 

     Tonight while en route to come home from picking the kids up from my parents house, after work, my Jeff called.  His voice as sincere as ever.  He wanted to let me know that the "stone" was here.  (We have been waiting for Immaculee's head stone for months.  Both realizing that good things come to those who wait we were content with waiting.  The only hope we had was that it would get here by the 27th.)

     Jeff was waiting on the front step for us with the same look I saw a year ago during all of the genetic tests, waiting, labor/delivery and her funeral.  My sweet, vulnerable Jeff!  We drove out to the cemetery to find the most perfect memorial for our baby.  Tears of joy engulfed me upon this site!!  We can not believe how perfect it looks. 



     I praise you Father for the peace that is here in my heart!

1 comment:

  1. Simply gorgeous Rhonda! What a beautiful tombstone. I think of you and your family all the time. Take care. Amy Petrik

    ReplyDelete