Wednesday, October 12, 2011
I will always remember...
Some major things stick out in my mind the day we found out Immaculee went to heaven. Tom and Mary Jo, Jeff's parents were the first to come over and give their condolences. My Mother in law and my husband have the most incredible bond and relationship. I continue to be in awe of it. They cherish each other and without ever having to talk about something, know what the other will say. He has always and will always treat her like a lady, a queen. I can only hope for that kind of bond with my boys. Something deeper happened that day. It was something I have witnessed only two other times while being married to my husband at our wedding and at his Uncle Pat's funeral. Most people in our family "get" how the Kuhlman men function. They come across as these rough, gruff, tough guys but really their interior is a soft, pushover teddy bear who would be the first to show up on your doorstep if you ever needed something. Jeff and his Dad have this unique relationship in which the rough gruffness is exposed more than the softness. They have the ability to tell one another where to go when frustrated, but can turn around and talk about how much rain the neighbors got a few minutes later. I will always remember the sight of Tom hugging his son. All manliness aside, a flat out I'm your Dad and you are my son hug. The kind of hug Dads give their 6 year old sons. The kinds of hugs Jeff gives to our boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment