So, one of the suggestions I had during our hospital stay with Immaculee was to journal my thoughts to help with the healing process. There is so much to say it feels as though I can never get all of my thoughts documented! What a roller coaster of emotions we have been on the past fourteen days. It all started two weeks ago Sunday. I woke up that morning with a headache. Strange, me having a headache, I never have headaches when I'm pregnant and all I could think of was Dr. Palmquest's concerns of me developing pre-eclampcia. (because of Immaculee producing too much fluid with her lymphatic system, it put me at a higher risk than with a "normal" pregnancy.) I started connecting all of the dots... I had not felt her move for three days but this was our usual. Because of her having short limbs and my placenta being in the front this time, I did not feel her everyday, in fact I had just started feeling her about three weeks prior to this. The longest I would go without feeling her kick was three days. I remember thinking "I will feel her kick tomorrow at work", I always felt her as I sat on the stool and spent alot of time in the hunched over position. As for the headache that intensified as the day progressed with feelings of light headedness I would go to work and get a blood pressure cuff and stethascope to monitor things at home. Once at home and having Jeff help me we realized it was a little higher than usual. "So there we have it, I am starting early pre-eclampcia, this could be the start of something unknown, something scary." Jeff came to bed and I wept and wept. I had not cried this hard since her initial diagnosis. "Why on earth am I so emotional?" I tried to sleep that night but kept finding myself watching the clock.
I will try to update this daily to tell the story of our little Immaculee in full.
No comments:
Post a Comment